Some say there are graphic designers and then there are artists. Alan is one of those people who truly personifies both. Alan always puts an incredible amount of thought and creativity into everything he does, no matter how simple or elaborate the project. From logos to presentations to original animated characters, he really can do it all. And somehow he always manages to get it done on time, every time, even under the tightest deadlines.
Delta Global Services, a Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Delta Air Lines
Brand Manager, Program Developer and Manager
Solely responsible for critical components in the development and enhancement of the Delta Global Services (DGS) brand through 6 changes in company direction, including:
- Website design and content management of three websites
- Multimedia presentations (PowerPoint and Prezi) for sales and marketing, training, and internal purposes (quarterly updates and reports, national conferences, safety initiatives)
- Print design of promotional materials (flyers, business cards, postcards, large format advertisements) for job fairs, hiring events, internal communication (company mission, vision and goals, onboarding manuals, benefits, operations and HR notifications, outreach campaigns, safety communications and displays), both internally and in airport stations throughout the country.
- Content design and creation for social media and online advertisement
- Logo and campaign development for various company initiatives, including recognition programs, conferences, and wellness programs
- Copywriting and wordsmithing for sales, marketing, campaigns and internal communications (including confidential content and policy)
- Initiating, developing, planning and executing all components of three recognition programs within the company:
- The Associate Recognition Program
- The Supervisor Shout-Out Program
- The No Harm Safety Recognition Program
- Creating and managing all online surveys, registrations, RSVPs and recognition nominations
- Taking photographs for marketing purposes (social media, print, online), company events (conferences, meetings, celebrations) and personal/business promotion (executive and employee portraits)
- Working closely with print and product vendors to ensure that promotional items, giveaways and awards meet standards and are delivered in a timely manner
HD Supply White Cap Construction Supply
Senior Web Designer
Organized, planned, drafted and laid out various site designs and web-promotional items, including: homepage promos, landing pages, email and social media campaigns and promotions, page designs and layouts for HD Supply Construction & Industrial White Cap, “The most knowledgeable pros in construction”.
Senior Graphic Designer/Design Lead
Lead an outstanding team of graphic/multimedia designers, and designed concepts, content and solutions in multiple graphic media formats for the leading source of health information on the worldwide web. Supported integrated marketing and sales representatives, senior leadership, clients, and customers with innovative visual concepts and designs. Met quick deadlines for corporate, sales, and pitch meetings. Created new site products and user-interface concepts for sales pitches.
During my tenure as a team lead, I developed presentation decks that led to the procurement of numerous lucrative accounts, and designed the WebMD company holiday campaigns, which included greeting cards (both print and multimedia), giveaways and all synergistic components for three consecutive years.
Developed, defined, and adhered to corporate brand standards in sales and marketing, both internally and externally.
Graphic Designer / Project Manager
Developed and directed production of imagery and graphics for custom PowerPoint presentations, including text formatting, correspondence, and delivery of completed files to client. Held responsibility for project management of several high-profile clients, including Hitachi.
Horizon Software International, LLC
Held position of graphic designer in sales and marketing department. Produced print collateral and ad campaigns, in-depth PowerPoint sales presentations, and Flash animations for the industry leader in food-service technology. Received prestigious CEO’s Award for Innovation in 2006.
Walt Disney Imagineering
Graphic Design Intern
Coordinated and compiled materials for design projects including signage, banners, posters, vehicular graphics, wayfinding and exterior marquees
- Produced conceptual, computer-based designs and schematics explaining fabrication processes throughout the Walt Disney World Resort and the Disney Cruise Line
- Gained exposure to how WDI communicates with outside vendors.
- Field measured/verified existing conditions for use in retro-fit design
- Photoshop 95% 95%
- Illustrator 95% 95%
- InDesign 85% 85%
- Adobe Acrobat 85% 85%
- WordPress 80% 80%
- PowerPoint 95% 95%
- Prezi 80% 80%
I had the pleasure of working with Alan at WebMD. Alan is a talented designer whom others seek out to work with. His creative input in meetings is highly valued. He is always cognizant of the design needs and goals. At times, those needs/goals change quickly, and Alan is successful in his ability to be flexible while staying on target. You can always count on him to take the extra effort that makes a great design into a fabulous one.